Hi..my name is Gail and I love to write, paint and make things...especially my little handstitched mice!

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Sweetheart Cottage

   Hello to all.  And I hope those of you who live in the US are having a very happy and peaceful 4th of July celebration!
  I have finally finished stitching the Sweetheart Cottage piece I mentioned in a previous posting.  I hoped it would be done last week, but life just has a way of getting away from us sometimes!  It's a fun and pretty piece, not too large, 91 stitches wide by 112 stitches high, with just a few specialty stitches.  And I love the misty blue Belfast linen I used;  it seems to set off the colors really well.  Those of you who are familiar with my designs will know birds, cottages and roses are among my favorite subjects, so this design ticks all the boxes!
   Here is a photograph of the finished stitching - again, apologies for the less than brilliant photography - still something I need to work on.
   This design chart can be ordered from me, either as a pdf file which I will send to you directly, or as a chartpack which can be mailed anywhere in the world.  If you are interested, please send me an email at rosebudlane@gmail.com, and I will let you have pricing and other details.
   More stitching to do now, including the designs for the French publisher - and I am still working on my handwritten and illustrated 'cottage cookbook'- more about that at a later date.  This last week was not the easiest one for me - stress and worry about things happening in my life - but I was reminded, yet again, how important (and healing!) creativity is.  Whatever might be happening, if I sit down with my stitchng, or my paints, or even just make a batch of pancakes - I feel better and more connected, both to myself, and to life.
   I hope, whoever and wherever you are, that you are enjoying peace and joy this week.
Smiles
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message - I'd love to hear from you!