Hi..my name is Gail and I love to write, paint and make things...especially my little handstitched mice!

Monday 23 July 2012

Time Goes By. . .

   Hello everyone!  Perhaps you are like me - wondering where the year is going to, so fast?  I find it hard to believe we are almost at the end of July!  I had good intentions of doing a post every week - at least - but now I see more than ten days have gone by.  Time is so precious, and yet it slips away so quickly.
   A friend of mine reminded me, the other day, that it won't be long before we see the first Christmas decorations and gifts appearing in the shops - they seem to arrive earlier all the time,which is a pity, in some ways.
   I am busy stitching, and designing - as always, and making some progress on my first design for the French publishers.  It's a detailed piece on natural linen, and I hope will look really good when it is done.  Also working on more designs to put on my blog.
   The little picture is of a collectible Christmas mouse, which I recently completed - she is called, naturally, Merry, the Christmouse, and she carries her own little handstitched felt stocking.  I think she will make a cute companion to any Christmas celebration!
   I've had a good response to my mice - and am waiting to hear back about a larger order from a company.  Of course, if that happens I will probably have to get someone to help me stitch them, as they are quite detailed and time consuming.
   Hope you all have a wonderful week, and enjoy every precious moment!
Smiles,
Gail
 

2 comments:

  1. Gail! Your precious mice are just darling! I loved being able to see them all! Such attention to detail . . . the one I got, the one with the little teapot? And tiny knitted shawl? SO adorable! Thank you! xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words, Susan - I love your work, too! Gail

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message - I'd love to hear from you!