Hi..my name is Gail and I love to write, paint and make things...especially my little handstitched mice!

Friday 26 April 2013

Keeping out of mischief!

Hello to all.  I have been intending to do another blog post for several days now, but time seems to have run away with me again.  My excuse is that I have been really busy, not only with working on the artwork roughs for my cookery book - but also stitching mice for orders in between!  It keeps me out of mischief, anyway, and I enjoy the varied creativity of my life.
Someone who recently ordered Miss Bobbin also asked me if I had ever thought of doing a knitting mouse - strangely, that was one of the very first little mouse characters I designed.  I made her as a gift for a friend called Reenie who is a passionate knitter (and very good at it!)  I like knitting myself, but tend to stick to the really simple projects.  Miss Purl, as I named her, was fun to make with her little knitted cardigan, needles and yarn - but for some reason I did not include her in my first catalogue.  Perhaps I will have to rethink that, as knitting is such a popular pastime now.  I do have a picture of her, not a very good one - but enough to give a general idea.  Take a look at this little knitting mouse!



















I love her little cardigan the best - although it was quite fiddly to make.  Let me know what you think of her!
Have a lovely, relaxing and creative weekend.
Gail xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Ms Purl and her cardi! The little skein of yarn is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan! I loved knitting the miniature cardigan, even though I am not the most expert knitter in the world. Have a lovely weekend. Gail B

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message - I'd love to hear from you!