Hi..my name is Gail and I love to write, paint and make things...especially my little handstitched mice!

Friday 24 April 2020

Sweetness and light...

In this new blog you are going to find plenty of recipes for baking and cake - a particular passion of mine, and in my view no enchanted cottage would be complete without the heartwarming aroma of cakes in the oven, and something delicious for tea!

This recipe for honey and lemon tea cake is simple and versatile - it can be served at teatime, or as a dessert or even at breakfast with a good cup of coffee! Honey is such a fabulous ingredient with all sorts of health giving properties, but I do urge you to always seek out raw or organic honey, to ensure you are getting the best honey that has not been processed or adulterated in any way.

Lemons, too, are an essential ingredient in my kitchen - again, please try and buy organic lemons if possible - unless you are lucky enough to have your own lemon trees in your garden. The bottles of prepared lemon juice are convenient, I know, but I try not to use them except in an emergency. Nothing beats the tangy zest of a fresh squeezed lemon!

This recipe comes from my hand lettered and illustrated recipe journal - with love from me to you!

Blessings

Gail xxx


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the recipe. Anything with lemons is sure to be good and the honey a delicious addition. Reading your blog and looking at the pretty pictures I wondered if you supply the pattern for the adorable mice. They are so cute. Best wishes Alison 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message - I'd love to hear from you!