Hi..my name is Gail and I love to write, paint and make things...especially my little handstitched mice!

Sunday 10 May 2020

Cottage comfort...


Now, more than ever, I think many of us
are appreciating our homes, wherever and whatever
they may be - they represent comfort,
safety and simple pleasures at a time when
all sometimes seems strange and disconnected!

I certainly am finding that spending more
quiet time in my little cottage is helping me
to feel grounded and peaceful, in 
spite of the challenges of the day! 
And it is certainly fuelling my creativity -
I have been thinking of a little illustrated
newsletter, with recipes, thoughts and
ideas for a simple, comfortable and beautiful
home - to be called 'Cottage Comfort.'

This is something I will be working on soon, along
with my other ongoing projects!

I have been fortunate enough to have many homes
in my life - some nicer than others, of course.
But I have always had a safe place to land, to
sleep, to be...which is a luxury not afforded
to everyone. Some years ago I met a young homeless
refugee on the streets on the city where I lived
at the time - his only dream was to get his papers in
order so he could get work and find a little place to live -
even just a room, as he put it, where he could close
the door, be safe and warm, and drink a cup of tea!
Sadly he died of an pre-existing health condition
before his dream came true! But I have never
forgotten him, and the insight he gave me
into how blessed I actually was, and am.

The picture below is of a cottage I stayed in
for a while, a few years ago - it was on a farm, looking
out upon trees and down to the river - not far from
a field where the wild horses grazed. I can never return
there, the farm is sold now - but it lives
forever in my heart, as do the lives and loves
I found there.

Blessings and light...
Gail xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message - I'd love to hear from you!