Hi..my name is Gail and I love to write, paint and make things...especially my little handstitched mice!

Tuesday 5 May 2020

The heartmade life...


Meraki: this is a Greek expression,
which means to give oneself totally to whatever
one is doing or being: in other words,
to do, live and be with absolute creativity,
joy and passion, with an open, whole heart.

This, in my humble opinion, is what living a 
heartmade life really means. And it is something
we can choose, every single day. Right in 
the present moment, whoever we are
and whatever out current circumstances.

Obviously some people think that happiness
is dependent on having ideal circumstances,
money, work, a great family and so on! However,
I have come to believe it's exactly in difficult 
times, when we have problems, trauma and
stress, that we need to shift our focus away from
the current issues, towards making our lives
more full of heart, joy, trust and creativity. 
Not always, easy, as I know too well,
but that's when we can truly step into a heartmade
way of being.

I am currently putting together the proposal,sample
copy and artwork for a little illustrated
book about living a heartmade life - it will be
a journal too, with space for people to write 
their own thoughts and ideas. 
I am really excited to be doing this, and
hope to find a publisher for it in due course.
If not, maybe I will publish it myself,
as I have done with other little books I have created.
Watch this space!

Blessings and light...
Gail xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message - I'd love to hear from you!